|Public Works Department By the end of 1920 and beginning of 1921, immigration to Israel (Aliyah) has grown significantly.
At that time, HaHistadrut was split to two parties - "Ahdut HaAvoda" party (Labour Unity) and "Hapoel Hatzair" (The Young Worker). These parties tried to get empllyement from the British government and this was the beginning of the pioneering work - the Tiberias-Tzemach road construction, The Tiberias-Tabha road, Haifa, Geva, Sarafend, Rosh Ha'Ain-Petach Tikva railway, Lod, Yavne and many more.
In 1920, Ahdut HaAvoda and Hapoel Hatzair cooperated to set up the "Histadrut" (The General Federation of Hebrew Workers) and following this, the Public Works Department (PWD) was founded in 1921.
The first council of the "Histadrut" (The General Federation of Laborers) took place three weeks after the "Ve'idat Hayesod" (The founding conference).
The council defined the role of Public Works Department: "To carry out big projects with national and public values under the management of the workers themselves"
The department management included Dov Hoz, Natan Haruvi, Nahum Twersky, David Swerdlow and Israel Shochat.
The department was responsible for four roads and its managers were looking for new projects: digging ditches in Yavne, in the south, raising embankments from Rosh Ha'Ayiin to Petach Tikva for transporting citrus fruits, building the railway from Lod to Sarafend, contructing roads on the Carmel and in Zichron Ya'Akov.
|The United Office||1_4_1|
|Sent by Natan Haruvi to the center of public works and construction – Administration of the public works in Jerusalem 14.9.1925||
|Natan's suggestion to build an Hebrew University in Mount HaTzofim – 18.1.24||1_4_8
|Invitation for Natan Haruvi to the Union of the jewish workers meeting - 13.12.1923 – 13.12.23||1_4_8b||1_4_8b|
|The answer to Natan Haruvi for his resignation request||1_4_9||1_4_9|
© All right reserved for the Haruvi family